A Brief History | Lindeth Fell Country House Hotel
Lindeth Fell was built during 1907-1909 by the renowned G.H. Pattinson family. Other private owners were Miles Forwood of the Royal Windermere Yacht Club and John Pilling, late of Burrow Hall.
The gardens were laid out by Thomas Mawson of Windermere, London, Montreal and New York; one of the finest landscape gardeners.
Conversion to a 14 bedroom hotel began in the late 1970’s, since when guests have enjoyed the view across Lake Windermere to the Coniston Mountain Range, the highest point being The Old Man of Coniston at 2,635 feet.
A few of our archive images: